- Palette: In the beauty department, Urban Decay’s 15 year anniversary palette calls. I’ve heard raves about the creamy, not-over-the-top shimmery textures. And unlike most of their palettes, this one has all new colors. I prefer natural formulas; however, I like to balance them with highly unnatural, out of this world colors that actually stay on my face. That may take petrochemicals. And few companies do crazy, high quality, fun, petrochemical laden color like UD. While I don’t condone this kind of behavior in the name of health, life is short and I want some turquoise shadow.
- Burgundy: I want burgundy ANYTHING. I used to HATE burgundy. Now I want to be wrapped in it 24/7. Dunno why. Dying for suede burgundy heels, especially.
- Coat: Still obsessed with colorful, chic coats. Risky to gift though.
- Tights: I must purchase a miniskirt, but since the risk there is too great to list as a gift item, I’ll list some cable sweater tights and Swiss* dot tights.
- Gloves: fingerless gloves with convertible mitten tops and/or wrist warmers. Modcloth writes fanciful descriptions to accompany these; which according to them, leave you free to do arts and crafts and shit in the cold. I just want to be able to use my iPhone. Fair Isle and handmade would be precious.
Tag Archives: shoes
A year or two ago, I began to think that Lucky Mag’s editors had been spent the day in a desert without water and then were forced to write by night: all of their delusions taking shape in their fashion spreads and advice. No, that lip gloss alone will not magically make you look well rested after a night of partying and then sleeping in your makeup in the middle of ragweed season. But they’ve really turned things around lately. Fewer harem pants with boyfriend blazers is a good sign in my humble opinion. However, some lucky girls that they highlight still look like they stepped fresh off the set of St. Elmo’s Fire.
In particular, I really loved Lucky’s recent fall shoe guide. I want at least one pair in each category for the season. But alas, that would squander all of my Build My Closet shopping opportunities. So, If a girl had to choose, let’s say just one new shoe for this season, which one would you go with?