- Palette: In the beauty department, Urban Decay’s 15 year anniversary palette calls. I’ve heard raves about the creamy, not-over-the-top shimmery textures. And unlike most of their palettes, this one has all new colors. I prefer natural formulas; however, I like to balance them with highly unnatural, out of this world colors that actually stay on my face. That may take petrochemicals. And few companies do crazy, high quality, fun, petrochemical laden color like UD. While I don’t condone this kind of behavior in the name of health, life is short and I want some turquoise shadow.
- Burgundy: I want burgundy ANYTHING. I used to HATE burgundy. Now I want to be wrapped in it 24/7. Dunno why. Dying for suede burgundy heels, especially.
- Coat: Still obsessed with colorful, chic coats. Risky to gift though.
- Tights: I must purchase a miniskirt, but since the risk there is too great to list as a gift item, I’ll list some cable sweater tights and Swiss* dot tights.
- Gloves: fingerless gloves with convertible mitten tops and/or wrist warmers. Modcloth writes fanciful descriptions to accompany these; which according to them, leave you free to do arts and crafts and shit in the cold. I just want to be able to use my iPhone. Fair Isle and handmade would be precious.
Tag Archives: handbag
Plaid can signify sophistication (Burberry) or ruggedness (Brawny). And whether you want a touch of plaid in your life or wish to distract other golfers, there are so many options from which to choose.
On the runways this past season, designers were mixing patterns like crazy: an intimidating style to recreate. But the trick is the same when mixing any pattern be it plaid, stripes, or polka dots: choose a larger pattern and a finer pattern. You can stick to similar palettes such as navy and red or black and white, but switch up your primary background colors: one light and one dark or one bright and one muted. The difference in pattern scale and background colors creates separation between your pieces. You want to walk out the door looking like you made deliberate choices, not mistakenly create a leisure suit from two slightly different pieces.
For me personally, I just want this coat. Yes, still coat obsessed.
So, I started on this polyvore Saturday but abandoned it, deciding to take the weekend off. Today, I get the Zoe Report featuring 20 black and white outfits. Right after I highlighted capes, team Zoe did. I highlight a granny sweater, she highlights a granny sweater (but likes it). To quote any of the millions on Facebook right now expressing their political views with friends: “just saying.” Perhaps its time for my alternate universe style blog character, RG, to adopt an alternate universe nemesis. . . RZ!! . . . (dun, dun, DUN!!!).
Or perhaps not. What drew me to creating this selection was the sheer fact that every magazine has told me that this season is all about color, color, color! And as Mother always says about me; ask me to go left, I’ll go right. I’ve been scooping up more black and white looks than ever. What I don’t have in my closet is trompe l’oeil. I absolutely love the kate spade handbag above. It reminds me of a certain young man named Simon. And it’s on sale right now at katespade.com!